About GNPÖThe GNPÖ (Gesellschaft für Neuropsychologie Österreich - GNPÖ) takes care of the concerns of its members and represents them to decision makers and politicians.
The GNPÖ is a non-profit organisation, it acts national and international. As a founding member of the Federation of the European Societies of Neuropsychology (FESN) it works together with national European organisations in the field of neuroscience and their representatives.
The main aim is to increase the level of awareness of the clinical neuropsychology and to strengthen the position of the professional guild in the health care system.
Quality management of the different areas of application of neuropsychology is the request of the GNPÖ. The association takes care of education in providing a certificate for persons and institutions, as well as the development of standards.
What can you expect of the GNPÖ?
- We represent over 350 members who work in practical or scientific areas.
- We want to improve the health care system, by promoting neuropsychology as science, which is interdisciplinary.
- We submit statements and papers of our experts, as well as ideas of improvement to our governors and the minister of health.
- We organise conferences, meetings and advanced training courses. We take part in international conferences to initiate networking with persons of interest.
- We offer a broad theoretical education with certificate at three different venues of Austria. We help in finding places for traineeship. We support a list of supervisors.
- We act jointly with the Austrian Professional Association (Berufsverband Österreichischer Psychologinnen und Psychologen – BÖP).
For our patients the neuropsychologists do a highly specialised diagnostic work, which is standardised and evidence based. On this basis neuropsychologists can give advice to neurological patients for their rehabilitation. After brain injury the clinical neuropsychological treatment is one of the most important factors to support recovery and to ensure an increase of quality of life.
For more information, please, visit us at https://www.gnpoe.at/