Local Public Transportation
Public transport in the cityVienna has a well-developed public transport network. Buses, trains, trams and underground lines will take you almost anywhere in the city in no time at all. Vienna public transport Wiener Linien operates five underground lines, 29 tram and 127 bus lines, of which 24 are night lines. Night lines only operate between 0.30 am and 5 am. On weekends and public holidays the Vienna underground remains at the service of its passengers all night.
A single ticket costs EUR 2.40. It can be bought in ticket machines at most underground stations, in tobacco shops or on board the of the tram at an increased rate of EUR 2.60 per ticket.
Apart from single tickets there are passes for longer periods of time. Passes are available for 24 hours and 72 hours, or as weekly, monthly or annual passes.
Tickets must be validated before boarding. To validate your ticket stamp the ticket at the blue machines located at the entrance of underground stations as well as on buses and trams. Tickets bought directly from the tram or bus driver are automatically validated and don´t need to be stamped again.
For detailed information about public transport, please visit: https://www.wienerlinien.at/eportal3/ep/tab.do?tabId=0
Public transportation network operator, Wiener Linien, offers a special Congress Ticket for all participants and accompanying persons. This ticket gives holders unrestricted access to public transportation in Vienna for the duration of the event.
Benefits of the ticket:
- Unlimited pass for Wiener Linien public transportation network for the duration of the event (Vienna zone)
- 10% discount on the price per ticket (basis: €17.60 for a three-day ticket)
- Personalized printed ticket which can simply be printed out again if it is lost or stolen
- Mobile version for smartphones via the Wiener Linien app (registration in the Wiener Linien online shop required)
- Congress Ticket can be extended to include City Airport Train (CAT)