Passport and visa requirementsPlease note that invitation letters for visa purposes can only be issued to people who have completed the registration process and paid the registration fee.
Nationals of EU member states, the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland do not require a visa for entering the Republic of Austria.
Visitors from non-EU countries must possess a passport valid for at least three months after the planned departure from Austria, although some airlines can require passport valid at least the next six months.
Please note that the visa application process can take up to 6 weeks. Therefore, the participants requiring visa should apply immediately to the consular office or embassy of Republic of Austria in their home country in order to avoid any inconvenience.
For more detailed information please see the official website of the Federal Ministry of Republic of Austria.
The Meeting Secretariat assists delegates by processing the official invitations upon request (email@example.com). These letters do not commit the Local Organiser to any financial obligation.
Official invitation by Meeting Organiser – required information:
- Your full name
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Country of citizenship (country which issued your passport)
- Passport number
- Date of expiry of your passport
Condition for the issuance of the invitation letter by the Congress Organiser is as follows:
- Payment of registration fee
The invitation letter will be sent to your email as a PDF file upon providing all the required information. However, should the embassy require an original invitation letter, we can deliver it by two following ways:
1) Regular post – free of charge, however, the delivery cannot be guaranteed as there is no way to track the delivery. The organisers shall not be held responsible or liable for any delay or failure in delivery.
2) Express delivery service (FedEx, DHL) – the fee shall be covered by the participant in advance, together with the congress fee. The express delivery fee is 30 – 60 EUR, depending on country of delivery. The organiser strongly recommends using this option as it is faster and enables the delivery to be tracked (using a tracking number).
The invitation letter should be presented to the Austrian embassy in your country in order to receive a Visa for the Meeting.
We strongly advise you to apply at least one month prior to the Meeting.